Sunday 12 August 2012

Two armies in nine days - part 3














OK Sunday saw me finish of the all 16 Spanish knights including basing and ready for dipping (when the dip gets here) I also managed to block paint in about 85% of the 40 infantry leaving me mostly scabbards and belts left to paint in. Today is a work day but I'm hoping to get the infantry finished and based in tonight's session.


This sort of production line painting is pretty tough (have to avoid the temptation to take to many breaks) and certainly not as much fun as painting 2-3 miniatures to a really nice standard. The miniatures look pretty meh at the moment but hopefully the dip coupled with decent basing will make them look a lot better.....it's probably the only way I'll ever get a couple of decent sized armies painted up.

anyway to keep me motivated I keep looking at this site which probably has the best dipped armies I've seen if mine come out half this good I'll be very happy..




Cheers Jon

1 comment:

  1. Not up to Phil's standard but I've been happy with dipping on my ancients and WW1: http://bleaseworld.blogspot.co.uk/p/ancients-gallery.html

    Enjoying the 2 armies - making me feel lazy, with is a good kick up the arse!

    ReplyDelete