Sunday 31 March 2013

Chaos cultists and more scenery

Still plugging away at my 40K project the wastelands board is pretty much done though I have now added a ruined Imperial chapel. The chapel is another Amera piece though unlike the other pieces this one was a kit that needed to be built I decided not to cut all the windows out but paint them up to look like stained glass with imperial icons. I also added in a ruined staircase from pink foam off cuts to allow access to the ruined second floor.




I've also been working on some opposition for my IG droop troopers...... Chaos. I wanted some chaos cultists for my army now the new plastic cultists from GW are nice (in fact I plan to convert some into mutants) but I wanted something different for my chaos army. I managed to score a cheap box of WFB empire flagellants and used these as the basis for my cultists with various bits from bits box. Below are the first test pieces which I liked so much I'm building some more.









5 comments:

  1. Very nice work on the terrain (the windows especially) and the converted models. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dean, great looking windows...and figures!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice modeling. Clever use of stain glass on the building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the windows of our chapel so innovative

    ReplyDelete