Thursday 3 January 2013

The Hobbit

Finally got to see the Hobbit tonight. I'm kind of in two minds about this movie really. I think if I'd never read the book I would have really enjoyed the movie (like my son did) but sadly having read the book several times all the little changes (and not so little changes) rather bugged me.

The Dwarfs were ok and I thought Bilbo was pretty much spot on. Radagast on the other hand in his rabbit sledge was just plain stupid. There was also the feeling that their was a lot of padding to make the book fill three movies all in all I'd give the film a 6/10.

4 comments:

  1. And don't forget the hedgehog! Sebastian?! As if a Latin name would be used... (no I wasn't happy with the filler either).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to the film and that your son enjoyed it. I too had reservations about it but overall really enjoyed it.
    I had reservations about the sledge prior to going but warmed to it.My three daughters who went with me ( 15,17 & 18) thought it was fantastic.
    I really enjoyed the way Bilbo's house was created and furnished in particular.
    best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave it a 4/10, mainly for the rabbits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. T-Shirt T-Shirt - Titanium Wire - Etienne - T-Shirt.com
    T-Shirt titanium pans T-Shirt. T-Shirt. T-Shirt. titanium drill bits for metal T-Shirt. T-Shirt. T-Shirt. citizen titanium dive watch T-Shirt. T-Shirt. T-Shirt. titanium metal T-Shirt. T-Shirt. grade 5 titanium T-Shirt. T-Shirt. T-Shirt. T-Shirt. T-Shirt. T-Shirt. T-Shirt. T-Shirt. T-Shirt. T-Shirt. T-Shirt.

    ReplyDelete