Thursday 27 January 2011

life can really screw your hobbies -part 2

First the good news I managed to fix the motorbike last weekend. Turns out the whole bike was taken out by a dodgy electrical wire so after spending several nights going through all the possible causes of the problem (carb, plugs,belt, air filter etc etc) I was just about ready to give in a call a professional when quite by luck I found the offending wire. So now I'm mobile again.

Sadly lying on a cold garage floor last week had played havoc with my back. By Sunday my back wasn't feeling to bad though, fast forward to Monday and it appears my back wasn't as good as I thought and while lugging railway sleepers around during some hard landscaping work my back gave in. So I've now been at home since Tuesday in a lot of pain . Normally being on my own at home would be hobby golden time. I just can't get comfortable enough to do any painting though. I'm bored, irritable and alternating between slightly spaced out or in pain depending on how long it's been since my last dose of pain killer tablets the doctor has given me. Looks like I'll be going back to the doctors tomorrow as so far the back shows no sign of improving.

All in all 2011 hasn't started that brightly on the hobby front .........

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the back problem...nasty.

    Hope it gets better sooner rather than later.

    All the best

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tramadol. I had bad back at xmas from shovelling snow and after a few pills i was like Legolas in LoTR - Noooo footprints!

    ReplyDelete