Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy new year

Happy new year everyone!


Right now the festive period (never a very productive time on the hobby front for me) is over it's time to look forward to what I might try and achieve with my hobby time this year. The long cold days of January and February are always a bit depressing but luckily Christmas resulted in quite a haul of stuff to keep me going through the second half of winter. I got


100 more plastic undead from Mantic to finish the undead army I started last year.

90 odd plastic dwarves from Mantic to put together a new army of short bearded ones.

60 odd Valiant GIs plus some half tracks and tanks to make a Task force.

A few extra vehicles for my German Rapid fire forces my first Kampfgruppe is so close to being finished .


I've also promised myself some new scenery this year for my games room as I want to try a bit more solo gaming. I hope to still get down to the club once a month but life with children and wife does have a habit off curtailing my gaming so solo seems the way to go to get in a few more games.


Finally I'm going to have a good hard look at my various unfinished projects and stuff and clear out those that will never get finished or used to the great ebay in the sky. Sometimes I find half finished projects and such like tend to just hang round like a bad smell in the wargames room, you feel guilty for not finishing them but you know (deep down) you never will, best just to get rid I find.


First candidate for a sort out is my AK-47 stuff. I love the game and have loads of stuff for it but a lot of the stuff I have is dis-jointed and doesn't fit well with my main AK armies. My plan is just to keep my two main and nicest armies (the Zumatans and Lumatans) and then ebay the rest.


I've also got some projects that just need a final push to finish. In this case My Slann and Elf armies for WFB (3rd edition) both are so close to being finished you smell the varnish I just need to put that final push in.


Oh well It doesn't look like I'll be short of things to do this year, now if I can just win the lottery and give up work I might get it all done.


Cheers Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment