Monday 26 April 2010

VBCW Royalist armoured cars



















Hi all,

well I'm still waiting for my order from musketeer Miniatures so I can't finish of my Royalists (that will teach me to order just before two of the UKs largest shows). However I did get to a car boot sale last weekend and picked up six suitable diecasts (three trucks and three Rolls Royce) for about a quid each. A couple of trucks where just given a re-paint in a nice green colour to act as transports(bottom pictures)

I decided the Rolls could be part of the Earl of Encombe's car collection. Being a veteran of the great war The Earl decided he need some Rolls Royce armoured cars to support his troops and got some of his tenets to armour up and arm his collection of Rolls Royce cars.
The armour plating is just cardboard while the turret and weapons are just scratch built from bits of plastic tube, balsa wood and brass rod. The flags are made from greenstuff. I'm pretty pleased with how they came out now I just need the rest of my infantry to get my Royalists finished.

Cheers Jon

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done! Those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great. The flag is a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff as always. Must start going to boot sales and see what I can pick up.

    ReplyDelete