Wednesday 9 March 2011

Cheap jungle terrain 2




So here are my finished jungle terrain pieces using the plastic aquarium plants I got from the 99p store. I made ten pieces mounted on old CDs (I always collect any old CDs/DVDs I come across). I already had some jungle terrain I bought at a wargames show many years ago that was a bit tired looking and based as individual pieces. I broke the old scenery of their bases and added them to my 99p store pieces to make quite a nice mix of foliage. A bit of sand paint and flock finished off the CDs nicely.

I'm pretty pleased with the results. The only down side is that my 6x4 table rather swallows up the ten pieces I think I really need another ten. Looks like another trip to the 99p store is on the cards.
Jon

3 comments:

  1. Funny enough I was looking at suppliers for fish tanks at the weekend.There are some interesting bits out.Cheers for the headsup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DLI your'e right. The good thing about these were the price Games Workshop would have gouged me big time for what is basically the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 99p! I've been mugged by Pets R Us!

    ReplyDelete