Right so having declared February "finish my Mantic dwarf army for WFB 3rd edition month". I thought I'd post pictures of some of the dwarf stuff I've finished. First up the artillery.
As stated in a early post I was little disappointed with the Mantic artillery. It was a little plain and the cannon wasn't nearly imposing enough. So both artillery pieces got a bit of upgrading with green stuff to give it a bit more dwarf character. The cannon also got a new barrel in the form of a plastic empire great cannon from the bits box.
the crew have some minor conversions such as the beer mug and the matches. The Mantic artillery only come with two crew so a couple of normal dwarf infantry were drafted in with arms from the artillery crew sprue. I also made a couple of smoking boots as misfire markers. The boots came on the Mantic artillery sprues and I added some cotton wool on a wire frame for the just blown up effect.