Saturday 5 February 2011

Beards and Beer 2






Hi all,
having been happy with test model, I've cracked on with my first unit of dwarf warriors. I'm very happy with the way they've turned out. I think the Mantic dwarves look better than the sum of the parts, by which I mean individually they're quite week sculpts with some soft detail (especially on the sides) however once painted and grouped together they look really good to my eye and I'm very happy with them.
I've also painted up an army general (complete with fiery magical hammer), the Army standard bearer and a hero to lead the dwarf regiment. These are metal miniatures from Mantic dwarf king set and are really nice models which were fun to paint up.
Another regiment is on the painting table hopefully they'll be finished soon.
Cheers Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment