The statue was easy to make a spare plastic Empire knight from my bits box mounted on a block of polystyrene carved to look like stone work. A hard board base and some more items from my bits box to imply a recent skirmish has taken place. Paint and jobs done.
The River is 12" long x 6" wide hardboard with a strip of 1" wide foam core down each side to make the banks. I added in a few bits of debris floating in the water (cart wheel, floating body). Then I added to crossing points a collapsed bridge and a make shift bridge across a pile of fallen masonry (a spare piece of lord of the rings plastic ruins). The bridge uses foam core and polystyrene scored with a pen to make stone work.
The river itself was smothered in thick PVA (coloured brown with cheap craft paint) left to dry a bit and then worked with an old stiff brush to give some texture. Some painting was done to give the impression the water was foul tainted effeulent. Finally the water was given some gloss varnish.
I've scaled my plans down a bit on my Mordheim project. Originally I was going for a 4x4 foot board but the scenery is very time consuming to build so I'm going to try and get one 2x4 foot board finished first so I can get some games going and come back to the second board latter (maybe after I've recharged my batteries with a different project). I have another warband almost finished (Middenheimers) which will hopefully but done by the end of the weekend which will give me both sides for a game.