Wednesday 8 September 2010

Arrrrrrrrrrragh Jim lad - pirates









Picked up some 28mm Pirates from Flea-bay to play Legends of the high seas against Jim.
For a tenner I got 22 pirates. The 10 shown here had been given a basic paint job so I gave them a magic wash and some highlights and the results can be seen above.
The other 12 where a mix on undercoated and untouched they're on the painting table now and should be finished in the next couple of days. Some of the pirates where foundry the others I can't identify. Some of them are in some odd poses or are a bit weak sculpting wise, but for the price they'll do the job.
I'm now resisting the urge to splash out any more pirates until I've played a couple of games of LotHS to see if I like it. It seems like the sort of game I could rope my son into at home. I also found this company who make some nice pirate stuff
http://www.gamesofwar.net/acatalog/Pirate_Supplies_Store.html

I really like the sea dog a small pirate vessel and at £15 a good price.
Cheers Jon

1 comment:

  1. Not at all bad for ten quid. I think they might be Old Glory but who knows?

    If LotHS doesn't float your boat there are several alterntives which, funnily enough, I have stashed in the rules library.

    Fire and Steel springs to mind, along with the Steve Barber skirmish rules....

    ReplyDelete