Wednesday 4 April 2012

Ogryn

















Well it's been very quiet on here for a few months as I've been totally caught up in my post apocalyptic project (which if your interested you can see on my specific post apoc blog here http://jonswargames.blogspot.co.uk/).




In the mean time I've been toying with the idea of building some small forces for 1st edition 40k again. I'm thinking of doing 1000pts vehicle light forces which seem to work best in Rogue trader. First up is an ogryn of the Imperial Guard I picked up cheap on ebay. Made by a company called Scibor


http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=695#i/28mm_2008/big/Paulus03.jpg

This is a resin miniature that I converted the top picture is the original version. I wanted him to be a bit different (not to mention only boneheads carry guns in first edition) so I chopped of his leg and rebuilt it with green stuff so it could stand on an alien head. I also rebuilt an alternative hand with green stuff and a spare ork axe to replace the gun.




Painting wise I went for a white undercoat and used washes and highlights which worked well ....I think.




Cheers Jon

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jon: wonderful figure...full to overflowing with character. Your conversion and paint work is really impressive. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one impressive figure. Great detail brought out by excellent paint job and conversion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking figure. Love the Watchmen t-shirt.

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete