Sunday 16 October 2011

Slaver test pieces - Darkest africa















I managed to get a few of my new Arab slavers painted up as test pieces before I launch into the full army. I was a bit eager to get some paint on these guys and rushed them a bit so the paint jobs are a bit rough. I tried some longer grass (little bits of door mat) on the bases than I usually use but I quite like the look.


At the moment, using Chris Peers in the heart of Africa rules, I think the army will be


3 units of Arabs and armed slaves/retainers count as askari (a mix of askari and Zanzibar figures)

2 units of Bemba allies count as Ruga-ruga (mostly ruga-ruga miniatures plus a few tribal musket men)

1 leader (the Arab with the spear in the above pictures)

1 standard bearer

baggage train (porter and spare Zanzibar miniatures)


I also have a unit of swordsmen for early Arab armies.


Lots to paint....


Cheers Jon

2 comments:

  1. Nice :O)

    I like the stripes and the bases in particular.

    Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice painting. Bases and background looks good too.

    ReplyDelete