Friday 7 October 2011

Darkest Africa - new project (doh)





























Well it's been a while since I posted anything here. A combination of real life and being knocked off my motorbike by a newly qualified driver a few weeks ago has meant I haven't done a lot on the hobby front for the last month.




I'm slowly (very slowly) getting through the 15mm WW2 stuff for FOW I picked up cheap with my birthday money. In the mean time inspired by Chris Peers central Africa book from foundry. I took the plunge and picked up some cheap (well by foundry standards cheap) Darkest Africa miniatures in Foundry's clearance sale. I'm hoping to create an Arab slaver army with Bembe allies for Nyasaland.




I haven't actual done anything with the new miniatures yet but I did find these pictures of my old Darkest Africa collection before it went to the great ebay in the sky a few years back. Thought I'd share them.




Hopefully I'll have some pictures of some of my late war US forces for FOW to post up soon.




Cheers Jon

3 comments:

  1. Impressed with your old Darkest Africa collection. Looking forward to seeing the new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff!

    I'll have to rummage in the DA leadpile and build something to take on your slavers.

    British?

    Yao?

    Ila?

    ...or maybe Matabele?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully painted figures - someone has a great collection of Colonial figures. Hope you're mending well from the accident. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete