Still plugging away at my 40K project the wastelands board is pretty much done though I have now added a ruined Imperial chapel. The chapel is another Amera piece though unlike the other pieces this one was a kit that needed to be built I decided not to cut all the windows out but paint them up to look like stained glass with imperial icons. I also added in a ruined staircase from pink foam off cuts to allow access to the ruined second floor.
I've also been working on some opposition for my IG droop troopers...... Chaos. I wanted some chaos cultists for my army now the new plastic cultists from GW are nice (in fact I plan to convert some into mutants) but I wanted something different for my chaos army. I managed to score a cheap box of WFB empire flagellants and used these as the basis for my cultists with various bits from bits box. Below are the first test pieces which I liked so much I'm building some more.
I have now painted up most of my Amera terrain (just a couple of buildings and a large hill to go) and I have knocked up a couple of 2x4 ft boards to make a small gaming table for 40K games. The Amera terrain got it's first outing on Saturday when myself and eldest son had a couple of combat patrol games using assorted proxy miniatures as IG and Lost and the damned chaos forces. Below are a few pictures of the new board with Amera scenery (apart from the crashed truck which is a resin piece I got of ebay).
I was looking around for some 40k scenery toi go with my new IG army. I had look at GWs offerings which are very nice but quite pricey (no surprise there). Looking around I came across a company called Amera http://www.amera.co.uk/ that supply vac form scenery. Now being Vac form it's not super detailed but for less than £40 I managed to order enough terrain to cover a table (compared to a couple of pieces of GW terrain for the same cost.
Last Friday a big box of stuff turned up ,well packaged as well, from Amera.
Now you could just paint the Amera stuff but I thought I would add a bit of extra detail. First off I decided to use my home made textured paint (made from floor tile grout, grey emulsion and PVA glue) to make the scenery look less plastic like and then I went to the bits box and added a variety of junk and bitz to match the bases on my new IG models. I then painted they scenery (I use Wickes household paint tester pots as cheap paint for scenery) and added brown and gold grass tufts to finish off. Below are a few pictures of the first few pieces of terrain I've painted so far. I'm very impressed with the Amera products which I think is great budget terrain.
Haven't got much achieved recently on the hobby front. I have managed to knock up a few more imperial guard using the Defiance games USMC plastics (I got cheap in Northstars Jan sale), my bits box and and some resin heads from Anvil Industries. I also brought some resin scenic bases off ebay to mount them on.